Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The New Sidewalk - Such Gold


I haven't written a review in about 8 months now so I apologize if this is a little sketchy.  This is Such Gold's newest album and upon first listen I realized that it was the best material they have ever released.  A lot of fuck boy pop punk kids say that Such Gold isn't worth listening to past Pedestals and anyone who says that obviously just doesn't like actual musical talent.  With every album Such Gold pushes the boundaries and comes up with more progressive, more technical, and more bad ass parts.  One of the most stand out performances of this album is the way that the vocals are delivered.  I couldn't tell with Misadventures whether or not Such Gold would try to take a more melodic hardcore path or end up bringing it back to pop punk but with this album they ended up paving a new path.  The vocals are delivered extremely clean in some parts and are almost never taken into a full scream.  This shows me that he has become more confident with his voice and is letting the music make up for any aggression that the vocals have lost.  This is the first album that they have released as a four piece and that left me expecting the guitar to be lacking compared to their previous work but again, I couldn't have been more wrong.  Every song fucking rips.  I honestly have no idea how it is possible to play such technical pieces with such strange timing and be able to sing at the same time.  Whatever it is they are doing now is working and I haven't been able to stop listening to this for weeks now.  If you haven't checked it out yet you need to get on it immediately.

-Ian
(I just opened another tab to search the tracklist and it got a 10/10 rating on HasItLeaked.  Fucking right.)

Tracklist
1. Engulfed In Flames
2. Faced
3. Axed Away
4. Food Court Blues
5. No Cab Fare
6. I Know What I Saw
7. Nauseating
8. Don't Park Next To Me
9. Morrison
10. When It Gives
11. Frying In The Mix
12. The New Sidewalk

Download - 320kbps

No comments:

Post a Comment