Monday, May 11, 2015

Blurryface - Twenty One Pilots


I've been busy with finals recently so I'm about to upload everything that I've been listening to recently.

I've been anticipating this album pretty highly and it just leaked the other day.  I wasn't a fan of these guys at all until seeing them at a festival last summer.  After I checked them out I was pretty impressed that it was pop music that wasn't about partying and calling girls bitches.  After listening to a few albums I realized that this guy is actually pretty fucked up.  Some of the songs sound really poppy on the top layer but the second you start dissecting the lyrics you realize that this shit is a little fucked up.  And personally, I appreciate that.  This album has a few songs that are bangers.  Stressed Out was immediately one of my favorite songs to be released this year.  With that being said, some songs on this album are pretty damn terrible.  I really hate Fairly Local and Doubt.  Those songs just sound like they're trying to break into the mainstream.  Twenty One Pilots has seen a lot of success recently and I have a feeling that this album could help them break further into the mainstream but I think that a few of these songs will really turn off some of their old fans.  Overall I think this is a good album.  Definitely poppier than I would like, but I'm sure it'll still get some plays from me and I'm still going to try to catch them on their next tour to see what kind of crowd they're trying to appeal to. 

Tracklist
1. Heavydirtysoul
2. Stressed Out
3. Ride
4. Fairly Local
5. Tear In My Heart
6. Lane Boy
7. The Judge
8. Doubt
9. Polarize
10. We Don't Believe What's On TV
11. Message Man
12. Hometown
13. Not Today
14. Goner

256 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment