Monday, January 12, 2015

Eternal Misery - No Zodiac

Posted Image

I haven't gotten the chance to sit down and listen through this enough times to give a very in depth review on this album, but I can give my first impression.  I became a fan of No Zodiac after their last release Population Control.  I am and always have been very aware of how cheesy this band can be and how shitty half of the things about their music is, but there is something about being a band that is so pissed that it comes off as arrogant that I like.  I always have thought that their vocalist wasn't very good and that he left a lot to be desired compared to how crushing the rest of the instrumentals are so I was very happy to see that the band got a new vocalist.  Some of the songs I think he hits pretty well, some songs I think sound like Job For A Cowboy 2006-era which were only kind of cool back in 2006.  There is also a song on the album that features guest vocals from The Acacia Strain's Vincent Bennett which I thought would sound great on a No Zodiac album but I'm about 90% sure that it was recorded on his phone and sent through a text.  With all of that being said, this is a much better album than Population Control in the view of them growing as artists.  This is a much more solid release musically and I really think that this album will help bring the band a lot more publicity.  Check this album out if you're in the mood for something that is almost disgusting how angry it is.  Laugh at how bad their tour poster is while you're listening to the album.


Tracklist
1. Birth Of Destruction
2. Rise Of Unholy
3. King Of Scorn
4. Constant Decay
5. Tormented
6. Immoral Agenda
7. Cesspool Earth
8. Eternal Misery
9. Endless Suffering

320 kbps

No comments:

Post a Comment