Monday, January 5, 2015

Greying - The Banner


This album has been out for a little while now and it's been getting played pretty consistently for me.  I was a huge fan of The Banner's previous release "Frailty" so I was pretty stoked when I heard that this would come out.  This album is a very solid follow up to Frailty so I was not disappointed at all.  The entire album is crushingly dark and gives off an extremely eerie feel from start to finish.  I love the fact that the album will transition from a song that will leave your neck sore from headbanging to a five minute slow and sung song that will make you shit your pants in fear.  If you're a fan of dark hardcore you need to give this album a chance.  And if you haven't listened to Frailty before you need to go pick that up too.  -Ian

Tracklist
1. The Dying of the Light
2. Circle of Salt
3. Crippling Despair
4. Sunlight
5. Unbaptized
6. A Quiet Corner
7. Send Me Down
8. VIII
9. She Upon The Black Wolf
10. Bones To Dust
11. Sunset

320kbps Download

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about Each Breath Haunted. My first dark and dangerous love encounter with The Banner.
    Also, cool blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget to give that album as much attention as it deserves. I'm going to end up listening through that again tonight. Thanks for checking it out man.

      Delete