Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Everything Will Be Alright In The End - Weezer


This came out awhile ago but I feel like since this blog is mainly hardcore that this album probably got passed up by people even though everyone in the world has a soft spot in their heart for Weezer.  I have to admit, their past three albums were pretty fucking bad.  This album however, is sick as hell.  The first single from this album was Back To The Shack and that is literally an apology song for their past three albums.  That's the best possible move that they could have made as a band and they pulled it off perfectly.  In my opinion this is the perfect follow up to Pinkerton and I know all of you motherfuckers on the internet like to pretend like Pinkerton is the most influential thing to ever happen to music even though I can guarantee that 95% of you didn't even know what Pinkerton was until you heard about it scrolling through tumblr.  In all seriousness though, this album is great.  It's their second most emotional album ever (following Pinkerton) and it's really cool to see them open up a little bit.  The instrumental work is exactly what you want to expect from Weezer and every song is the type of song that makes me want to go pick up a guitar and start playing along which is exactly how I feel when I listen to the Blue Album.  Whether you've been a Weezer fan since the 90's or you've never heard a single song from them you really need to listen to this.  It's a huge breath of fresh air in the shitty pop rock wasteland that is the radio right now.  Weezer is taking back over.

Tracklist
1. Ain't Got Nobody
2. Back To The Shack
3. Eulogy For A Rock Band
4. Lonely Girl
5. I've Had It Up To Here
6. The British Are Coming
7. Da Vinci
8. Go Away
9. Cleopatra
10. Foolish Father
11. The Futurescope Trilogy
    I. The Wasteland
    II. Anonymous
    III. Return To Ithaka

320kbps Download (Weird website but it worked really well)

1 comment: