Sunday, January 4, 2015

Nonstop Feeling - Turnstile


This album leaked a little early and I made sure to listen to it as soon as I could.  I've got around three listens through with this now so I feel like I can write enough about this and not end up having a different view later on.  Turnstile is one of my favorite current hardcore bands.  I've seen them a good amount of times and live they put more energy into a show than 90% of the bands that I've seen.  They've been getting a lot of shit recently as being too over hyped, but in my opinion if a band is signed to a label like Reaper and is still regularly playing shows in their hometown venue that caps at around 200 people then they deserve all of the hype that they get.  There aren't any bands around right now that do things like Turnstile and that's why they stick out so much.  Going into this album I was trying to have relatively low expectations just because I knew that so many people were expecting this to be album of the year quality.  I've personally been looking forward to this album since two summers ago at This Is Hardcore when they announced that they would be recording a full length.  With all of that being said, I fucking love this album.  This is one of the grooviest hardcore albums that I have ever heard and they really show off their musical talent with this one.  Some songs are left completely instrumental and sound like cool new wave surf bands and they completely pull it off.  If you're one of those people (me included) that heard their first two singles from this album and thought that the album was just going to be too weird and try way too hard to sound way different THEN GIVE THIS A CHANCE.  I seriously wasn't disappointed at all by this album and can already tell that once this starts getting played live that people are going to lose their fucking shit to these songs.  Good job on this one Turnstile.  Baltimore hardcore is still on top in my opinion.  -Ian

Tracklist
1. Gravity
2. Drop
3. Fazed Out
4. Can't Deny It
5. Bleach Temple
6. Bad Wave
7. Blue By You
8. Out Of Rage
9. Bring It Back
10. Addicted
11. Love Lasso 
12. Stress

320kbps Download

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the useful information to my vision. This is excellent information,.
    sliding gates

    ReplyDelete