Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Clarities, Epiphanies, and Leftovers - Along Came Paully

Clarities, Epiphanies, and Leftovers cover art

Along Came Paully is an independent folk artist out of Tulsa, Oklahoma that I was fortunate enough to stumble across about a month ago.  With a music scene of mainly hardcore and pop punk bands throughout the state of Oklahoma, Along Came Paully is a huge breath of fresh air.  With an extremely clever writing style and a huge display of musicianship shown across every song this is a ridiculously impressive album.  Every song I feel like shows off a new instrument or song structure that I would never expect to hear on a self produced album.  Listening to this album the first time through I really felt like I was just watching a clinic on how to write songs in a completely unique way and I loved every second of it.  The best comparison that I can even come up with to this album is a very early Max Bemis feel but with a lot more of a folk influence.  If you take Dormroom Demos by Say Anything but instead of the punk rock influence add a folk influence I really feel like it would come out as something like this.  Check out this album and help this great artist get off the ground.

Tracklist
1. Rings Of Saturn
2. Seams
3. The Missing Keys, And An Aging Wall
4. Leftovers
5. Conclusive Indifference
6. An Intangible Deterioration
7. Undersaturated
8. More Than Background
9. Untied
10. Foolish Things

1 comment: