Monday, February 17, 2014

Welcome To The West Coast - Lionheart

This is the newest release from California's own Lionheart.  I got into Lionheart after listening to Built On Struggle back in 2011.  Ever since then I've been able to see them a few times and I've always looked forward to their albums.  I really dug Undisputed the Summer that it came out and jammed it for awhile so when I saw that they were finally coming out with a new album I was hoping for a breath of fresh air.  After they released the first single Rat I wasn't sure if I liked it too much.  It seems like they really forced a breakdown at the end of the song and I'm already not a huge fan of generic breakdowns so it seemed boring to me.  After they released the video for LHHC I knew that this album was going straight into the shithole.  I swear to god that every time I hear one of the songs from this album I feel like I'm listening to the Nickelback of hardcore.  Like Jesus Christ this shit is as generic as possible.  After two full years they come out with a 7 song album containing maybe 1 song worth listening to.  They really let me down on this one and I hope this doesn't become a trend with hardcore bands coming up.  If I have to listen to someone say "Whatchu bangin" one more time I'm going to lose my fucking mind.  Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Tracklist
1. The Truth
2. Rat
3. Rest In Power
4. LHHC
5. I Am Forever
6. Hail Mary
7. Wasteland

Download 320kbps

No comments:

Post a Comment